Comprehensive Dental CareDiagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Sisco Family Dentistry provides the most current and advanced treatment in the dental field. Dr. Travis Sisco specializes in general and cosmetic dentistry and offers a variety of services that include preventative, restorative and pediatric care.
Comprehensive diagnosis and prevention: When you visit Sisco Family Dentistry for a new patient appointment, we will complete a full diagnostic examination using digital x-rays, intraoral cameras and the most up-to-date techniques and instruments to fully assess your overall oral health. Our examination also includes a prevention screening to check for the risk of tooth decay, periodontal disease, oral cancer, and other potential problems. Additionally, your exam will include an education element that covers proper home dental care, including flossing and brushing techniques.
Periodontal therapy: Used to treat forms of oral disease, including gingivitis and periodontitis, in order to maintain the foundation of your teeth. Fortunately, oral conditions are treatable if conditions are addressed early. Treatments for gum diseases include root planting and scaling, non-surgical procedures that remove plaque buildup and bacteria to prevent further infection and decay.
Dr. Sisco uses restorative dentistry to return teeth to their natural and healthy condition.
- Fillings: Used to treat cavities, are natural colored materials that restore the tooth to the original function and appearance after the decayed portion of the tooth is removed.
- Crowns: Preserve a decayed, cracked or broken tooth with materials from quality dental labs, such as porcelain, to create a natural and healthy tooth.
- Veneers: Used to correct miss-aligned, cracked, or damaged teeth with a small, translucent coating of porcelain.
Replacement of Missing Teeth
Our mission at Sisco Family Dentistry is to provide our patients with a smile they are proud of! If a patient has lost or had teeth removed, our office will assess which option will work best for your circumstances to improve the function and appearance of your teeth. Some of those options offered include: Bridge or fixed partial denture.
- Bridges: replace missing teeth by attaching fabricated teeth to crowns on teeth surrounding the open space.
- Dental Implant: Implants are titanium screws inserted into bone at the site of the missing tooth. A crown is then attached to the implant.
- Partial and Complete Dentures: Referred to as “plates” by some, a denture can be worn or taken out by the patient. Dentures can replace from 1 tooth to an entire set of teeth. Dentures can be made of metal, acrylic, or flexible materials.
Treatment of Dental Discomfort and Infections
We understand that any type of dental discomfort can moderately to severely impact your overall health and attitude. If you are experiencing any type of discomfort in your mouth or teeth, contact our office to schedule a consultation. Our first choice at Sisco Family Dentistry is to help you keep your teeth and remove any infections present. Often that is achieved by endodontic therapy, commonly referred to as a root canal. While root canals have often been branded as a painful procedure, today’s techniques allow us to treat the diseased canal with minimal discomfort. During the procedure, the diseased portion of the canal will be removed, disinfected, filled with a material called gutta percha, and sealed to prevent further infection. If a root canal is not an option, the tooth will be extracted and Dr. Sisco will discuss your options for teeth replacement.
Treatment of TMD and Jaw Discomfort
Temporomandibular disorder, or TMD, occurs when patients regularly grind their teeth, and can affect teeth, gum and bone structures if left untreated. Dr. Sisco will use conservative and non-invasive methods to treat TMD and will recommend the best course of treatment based on each patient’s symptoms. One common treatment for TMD is the creation of splint that is worn while the patient is asleep to prevent teeth grinding.
- Teeth Whitening: Patients choosing our at-home whitening system will be fitted with comfortable, custom-made whitening trays that are filled with a gel and worn overnight.
- Veneers and full coverage crowns: Can often be used to correct minor spacing or alignment issues of teeth, allowing the patient to smile with confidence.